Carol Snider and Laura Snider Cooperman's Blog
Moving into a new home means there is a new canvas to decorate and express personalities. If you love traveling or have a kid that likes to go places, then a new home is an opportunity to incorporate a travel theme into the home design. Even if you are not a frequent flyer but have dreams of visiting many places in the world, there are many ways to showcase it in your home décor style.
- Classic Suitcases. Vintage suitcases make for excellent storage spaces and give an antique style to any living area. You can have an old classic trunk in the living room to keep books and other items in the living room instead of a regular storage ottoman. Classic suitcases also work for holding clothes, blankets, and socks in a bedroom.
- Travel-themed decorations. You can pick from a selection of countries to represent places you have been in forms of throw pillow covers in your living area. You can even make them places you would like to visit. Picture frames, art, and other travel-related items can show off your quest to visit new horizons.
- Map Wallpaper. Turn any wall to a travel map by installing a wallpaper. You can go one step further in your design by using an old-style map instead of the new modern ones. Decorate your map wall further by hanging postcards and souvenirs from places you have visited on the map wall. Sticky notes and pins can also mark destinations that you dream to visit.
- Time zone clocks. Fully inclusive time zone clocks show many world destinations alongside a map. Such a clock series can serve as a focal wall in your home. Another way to achieve this time zone look is to buy several different clocks and decorate them with frame labels bearing the city names.
- Globe collections. Globes are one of the most popular and obvious representations of travel. They are also one of the simplest ways to make it apparent to visitors that you love traveling. Functionally, there are different globe-themed furniture that can serve other functions in your living space. These pieces include globe bars that can hold several bottles of wine and glasses while decorating your home too. Smaller globes can also be desktop topers or ornaments for your nightstand.
Making your travel-themed home doesn’t have to be complicated. Check out any home décor store for items that will make your home travel-approved!